United for the common good, finding common ground and sharing in common grace.
Common Grace is an online Australian Christian movement for justice. They exist to inspire and organise Australian Christians to think, speak and act like Jesus for a more just world .
Who is Common Grace, what are they about?
- We are about ‘doing good’ (Mt 5:16).
- We have read the scriptures and heard God’s call to seek justice and love mercy (Mic 6:8).
- We have been loved by Jesus, and therefore must love our neighbours and our enemies (Mt 22:39).
- We have received the Holy Spirit and are empowered to be salt and light (Mt 5:13-14).
- Given these scriptural mandates, we want to be a faithful presence united for the common good.
Common Grace reaches across denominational, theological, and political lines to find the common ground. In an Australian context, this is truth-telling about our history and therefore Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian leaders are fundamental to all their work.
Common Grace seeks justice for people seeking asylum, justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, takes action to address the national issue of Domestic and Family Violence, and seeks creation and climate justice.
We [Common Grace] believe caring for God’s creation leads to living sustainably, and acting to preserve and restore God’s beautiful creation in the midst of a climate crisis.
“Loving our neighbour means climate justice”
To find out more about Common Grace find them on Facebook, or look on their website:
. Common Grace Website